I travel the world speaking and training on GRC and internal auditing and I have started to notice a trend in many countries. Regulators and other stakeholders are become more vocal about their expectations, and enforcement actions are increasing.
In fact, I had an interesting discussion with a recent participant in one of my GRC Professional training sessions. She is in charge of the GRC capability at her organization and had a discussion with her company’s external auditors. They were reviewing the GRC capability and asked her what qualifications she had in GRC and if she was certified. They expected the person in charge of GRC capability to be certified. A few weeks later she was at my GRC Professional course and is now certified as a GRC Professional.
I have had similar discussions with internal auditors around the world, as the regulators and other stakeholders are asking similar questions about whether internal auditors are certified. They are expecting to see that internal auditors at the organizations they regulate are Certified Internal Auditors (CIA®). I have hear this from organizations and regulators who have attended my trainings.
So if the regulators are talking … its time you should listen and get certified. But what certifications should you get? If you are in GRC, the best option is the GRC Professional from OCEG. If you are in internal audit, the best option is the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA®) from The Institute of Internal Auditors.
I will share a little more about each of these certifications to help you on your journey.
GRC Professional Certification
If you have ever considered getting a certification in GRC, you should really consider the OCEG GRC Professional certification.
OCEG was the organization that invented GRC, and has the only industry recognized, and internationally accepted GRC certification. In fact, the GRC Professional certification has received industry recognition from the following groups:
OCEG GRCP listed in Certification Magazine: “Governance Defined: What it is. Why it’s Important and Which Certs Can Help”
OCEG GRCP listed in CIO Magazine: “Top 6 Governance, Risk and Compliance Certifications”
OCEG GRCP listed by Global Knowledge as #5 of “18 Certifications Worth Having”
You can find out more information about the GRC Professional certification on the OCEG website at: www.oceg.org.
The most effective way to prepare to successfully pass the GRC Professional certification exam is to attend an OCEG GRC Professional training course. You will learn:
- How to develop a GRC strategic plan and gain commitment from your board and senior management
- How to explain the value of Principled Performance, and an integrated approach to GRC, to your management and board
- How to implement effective, efficient and agile GRC processes using the OCEG GRC Capability Model
- How technology and information can be effectively used in the GRC capability
- How to successfully pass the GRC Professional certification exam.
This training is so effective at helping you prepare for the GRC Professional exam, that over 90% of attendees pass the exam on their first attempt.
Get registered for an upcoming session, and be on your way to receiving the top GRC certification in the world.
- GRC Professional – San Francisco 12-14 Jul 2016
- GRC Audit – San Francisco 15 Jul 2016
- GRC Professional – Seattle, 8-10 Aug 2016
- GRC Professional – Charlotte, 12-14 Sep 2016
- GRC Professional – Dallas, 1-3 Nov 2016
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA®)
If you are an internal auditor, the premier certification for you to get is the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA®) from The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). Not only is this the expected industry certification for internal auditors, but years of research done by The IIA show individuals who have the CIA® earn far more than internal auditors without certification.
For many years now, I have been teaching people how to successfully pass the CIA® exam. The CIA® exam is a difficult examination and requires months, if not years to pass all three parts and become a Certified Internal Auditor. It requires a significant investment on your part.
Benefits of Becoming a CIA®
The benefits of becoming a CIA® are tremendous. Not only do you improve your career opportunities, prove to others you are a competent internal auditor, but you also make more money. That’s right, research from the IIA continues to show that certified individuals make at least 20% more than non-certified individuals.
The investment of your time and money to get the CIA® certification, will pay you returns the rest of your career. I am proof of this in my own career.
Study Options for the CIA® Exam
I know self-study by itself is often a very lonely experience. I also know many people have to study on their own personal time and are not able to participate in webinar trainings (week after week) or in-person training, due to time or money constraints.
That is why I have developed a unique Mefford CIA® Review Course that uses The IIA’s CIA Learning System® in combination with recorded video lecture. You can have the benefit of seeing the same slides, and hearing the same lecture you would if you attended one of my in-person trainings. The difference is, your investment is much lower, and you can choose to study when it is convenient for you.
Why Choose the Mefford CIA® Review Course?
- Study using the best CIA® exam preparation materials in the world, The IIA’s CIA Learning System®
- Access The IIA’s CIA Learning System® in hard copy, eBook, and on-line including sample test questions, pre and post-study quizzes (a $325 value per exam part included with each course)
- Receive recorded lecture instruction from a top internal audit training expert – the same slides and lectures I have used to help hundreds of people pass the CIA® exam.
- Collaborate directly with the instructor, when you purchase the additional consulting option
- Study on your time frame in the comfort of your home or office
- Significantly improve your chances of passing the exam over other self-study options. This course is better suited to meeting auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learners needs, which mean you will learn the information quicker and retain it longer.
- Lower total investment than in-person training course
- Watch and re-watch the video lectures as many times as you like
- Available 3, 6, or 12 month payment plans
What included with the Mefford CIA Review Course?
- The IIA’s CIA Learning System® Materials – books, e-books, on-line access, sample questions (a $325 value per exam part included in the course)
- Recorded on-demand video session training, on all topics covered on the exams, that align with The IIA’s CIA Learning System®
- Instruction from one of the world’s leading expert internal audit trainers. The same slides and lecture I provide during in-person training
- The ability to study when you want to accommodate your busy schedule
- Opportunity to obtain additional one-on-one personal coaching
- Ability to watch and re-watch the video lectures as many times as you like
- Opportunity to pay over 3, 6, or even 12 months
Payment Plan Options
I realize many of you are paying for your CIA® training on your own, without the help of your employer.
To help in making the training more affordable in your monthly budget, I offer payment options that allow you to spread the cost of the Mefford CIA® Review Course over: 3, 6, or even 12 months.
This way, you can start your training now, with a very small investment, and pay the rest in easy monthly installments, charged directly to your major credit card or PayPal account.
When you sign up for one of our payment plans, you can start the training today, and pay it off as you prepare for the CIA® exam over the next several months.
I also offer a discounted option, when you purchase all 3 parts of the CIA® Review Course in a bundle, instead of separately.
Each time I show people the Mefford CIA® Review Course, they are amazed and excited. They had no idea this option existed and are excited to get started.
I want to help everyone pass the CIA® exam.
Are You Listening?
So if you are an internal auditor, or someone working the the GRC space, you owe it to yourself and your career to get certified.
The regulators are talking … expecting you to become certified … are you going to listen?
Take steps today to start your certification process.
Let me know how I can help you in your journey.